Saturday, December 12, 2015

Hey, Hi, Hello--!

My name is Iman, I'm 18 years old, I'm in college. Winter break starts in approximately a week, I just have finals to get through. I want you to walk with me as I take you step by visual step through this mental imagery I have here:

1. Today is Saturday. This is the calm before the storm, the satiation before the diarrhea, the groggy dazed sunny morning before Monday slips into the cracks between your bones. You know it's coming but you wanna be happy.

2. Tomorrow is Sunday. If you don't study tomorrow, you know there's no point. Why bother? You're not taking it seriously so why make yourself grow even more anxious if you KNOW YOU'RE NOT TAKING IT SERIOUSLY?

3. Finals (read: a deathless hell -- wait, is that-, why yes, oh, a knoll is gonging in the distance).

4. WINTER BREAK.

That last bit, yeah -- the one where you can practically scrape off the joy from your screen -- the vacation one, yeah -- I'm going to do something that I had only dreamed in my boldest of reveries.

I'm a timid gal and this is a bit overwhelming to even mention nowadays...

R-r-recreational..... R-r-reading.....

WINTER BREAK TBR????
I don't know, man. I'll have 3 weeks, I'll do what I can.

1. I definitely want to finish Northanger Abbey. I can't find it right now, but hey.
2. T.S. Eliot's The Wasteland and possibly other works.
3. PLAYS! I need to get used to reading them.
4. The Brothers Karamazov
5. Anna Karenina
6. Basically, all of the books that I've made dents in without actually completing them.

Until next Saturday,
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment